Thursday, 4 October 2012

Metamorphosis 2012

For research I've found many videos which show the dance rehearsals and Mark Wallinger and Chris Ofili created the backdrops for the performance. I have also found out that it was in London just recently however was not able to get to see it first hand which I think is really gutting because it would've been really good to see as I'm researching it.

http://www.nationalgallery.org.uk/whats-on/exhibitions/metamorphosis-titian-2012

Also finding out that Mark Wallinger is involved in it is also good because I had looked at his piece of Diana based on Titians Diana, for my summer project because of his exhibition in the BALTIC, Gateshead.
The whole piece of Metamorphosis was brought together by choreographers, poets and contemporary artists. Based from three paintings which had come from an even greater body of works by Titian which altogether show and reenacts scenes from Metamorphoses across large canvases. Metamorphoses being a poem written  by a Roman poet Ovid. The whole theme for Titian and Ovid is change.

No comments:

Post a Comment